Supporting new ways of working
Are you a housing association, developer, local authority or other organisation that wants to make great places with people?
Great placemaking delivers places and communities that thrive socially, economically and environmentally. At The Glass-House we believe in making great places with people.
What a new approach can do
By developing a shared path to better places you can transform your approach to development and how you work with your local community. A participatory design process can help you:
- develop schemes that bring economic and social value to your organisation and to local people
- develop schemes that are better used and more easily managed and maintained
- develop better relationships and partnerships with local people
- reduce risk and save you valuable time and money by preventing lengthy disputes and delays in planning
- stimulate innovation and enterprise in the local community and in your organisation
How we help
We provide training, practical support and guidance to organisations who want to involve local people in shaping their place. We can support you to develop and facilitate a participatory design process for your project and embed a culture of participatory design into your organisation or partnership through:
- developing a shared awareness and understanding of participatory design (its opportunities and challenges)
- building staff skills around design quality, design impact, community engagement, and delivering participatory design processes
- helping you develop clear policies and practice to support participatory design processes within your organisation and projects
Why work with The Glass-House?
The Glass-House has over a decade of experience of enabling great placemaking. Our independent advice and expertise will help your organisation to establish and facilitate an effective participatory design process for your project(s).
We are supported in our work by a national network of over 65 Glass-House Enablers. These are carefully selected design, planning and engagement professionals who share our commitment to great placemaking. Enablers provide independent specialist advice and practical, hands-on support to the project we work with.