Support for Community Groups and Organisations
How we help
The Glass-House provides a range of support options to community groups and organisations leading a project to create new or regenerate existing neighbourhoods, homes, buildings and spaces including:
- Bespoke Project Support: We assess your project individually and work with your group to create a tailored package of support that best suits your needs, and is delivered where you are based. Packages of support may include a combination of workshops (e.g introductory or technical workshops), Study Tours, Design Training, among others.
- Design Training: Our two-day, themed, hands-on design training courses help groups in the early stages of their project to explore design options with support from independent design professionals (Glass-House Enablers) and Glass-House staff.
- Study Tours: These themed one-day tours visit inspiring community led projects to give you ideas for your own project and to allow you to meet and share ideas with other groups, including those who have already completed projects.
- Workshops: Our wide range of workshops give groups the practical tools to move projects forward and help them learn more about community led design. We want to keep our work as responsive and accessible as possible, so are happy to work with you to adapt our workshops or develop new ones to meet your needs.
All groups must demonstrate a commitment to:
- creating thoughtfully designed places that will benefit a broad spectrum of local people
- developing a place that is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable
- an inclusive design process that allows local people to play a clear role in informing change and making decisions throughout the project
What it costs
The Glass-House Project Support is offered on a free or subsidised basis to community groups and organisations and we assess each request for support on an individual basis.