We want to make great places a reality for everyone
Since 2001 The Glass-House has been helping people make better:
We are a national charity that gives both communities and regeneration professionals the skills and confidence to lead and contribute to design and neighbourhood planning that involves and benefits local people.
The result is better collaboration between communities and professionals and more intelligent, dynamic and sustainable places.
We also use our experience of supporting neigbourhood projects throughout the UK to promote discussion and to influence policy and practice around community led design.
- Design influences the way people feel about their homes, communities and neighbourhoods.
- Local people should be at the heart of changes to their neighbourhoods.
- Good design can lead to places that are better used, more easily managed and more sustainable.
- We should all be surrounded by buildings and spaces that delight us.
We believe in the power of community led design to transform places and bring positive and lasting change to local people
We aim to promote and support community led design through:
- Improving awareness and understanding of design and how it affects our quality of life
- Providing the skills, confidence and practical tools to create inclusive and sustainable neighbourhoods
- Enabling a design process that involves local people and leads to delightful spaces and places that work for everyone
- Promoting respect and appreciation for what everyone can contribute to a collaborative process for change